Doctors in Tyler, TX Accepting New Patients Questions and Answers
Smart Choice Medical Clinic welcome new patients who are looking for doctors in the nearby area of Tyler, TX. For more information, please call us or request an appointment online.
Health is the single most important aspect of anyone’s life, because without it, one cannot fully enjoy any other facet of life. Having a primary care physician has been proven to have many health benefits for patients, with several studies showing that those who have a primary doctor live longer and have fewer hospitalizations. One of the most vital aspects of care provided by primary physicians is preventative care, which enables patients to stay on top of their health and prevent a number of common conditions through vaccinations, early detection, proper diet and regular exercise. It is important that each and every person has a primary care physician, as having a first point of contact in the healthcare industry is invaluable.
How long should a new patient appointment be?
The time it takes for a new patient appointment depends on the needs of the patient and varies based on the following factors:
- The extensiveness of personal medical history
- The extensiveness of family medical history
- The number of current medications
- The number of previous medications
- If any symptoms are currently present
- The number of questions that physician has for the patient
- The number of questions the patient has for the physician
What do you bring to a new patient appointment?
When meeting a new doctor for the first time, it is essential to bring the proper papers and documentation, such as:
- Medical History Card
- Changes to Your Medical Record
- Current Prescription Drugs
- List of Alternative Therapies
- Journal of Symptoms
- List of Questions
- Notebook and Pen or Smartphone/Tablet
During the initial visit, the practitioner and patient will review the following:
- Relevant Medical Information
- Family Medical History
- Current Medications
- New Symptoms
- Cultural/Personal Preferences
- Home/Work Situation
What insurance do you take?
At Smart Choice Medical Clinic, our clinic has a model of healthcare that addresses a staggering amount of the population who are working individuals struggling with today’s exorbitant medical costs and insurance premiums. Whether you are a contractor, self-employed, small business owner, freelancer, teacher, college student, or other individual who needs a primary care provider, come visit us at Smart Choice Medical Clinic to experience the care you deserve at an affordable price. With a Smart Choice membership, healthcare costs could be even more affordable than going through insurance. Smart Choice Medical Clinic provides services on a cash-payment basis, with payment at the time of service, and does not consider insurance as a form of payment.
What questions should you ask at a new patient appointment?
When meeting a doctor for the first time, it is important to ask the right questions to see if they are the right fit and also to determine if they can effectively meet your healthcare needs. Some questions to ask may include:
- Is the doctor board certified? In what field?
- What languages does the doctor speak? Is anyone in the office fluent in my language?
- Is the location of the doctor’s office important?
- What days/hours does the doctor see patients?
- What is the average time between when I make an appointment to the actual date of the appointment?
- What is the process for urgent care?
- Who takes care of patients after hours?
- Who fills in for the doctor when they are away?
Can you refer me to a specialist?
Yes, we can certainly refer patients to specialists when needed. If a patient has specialized health needs, we can connect them with a number of different physicians that specialize in treating or managing their condition.
If you are looking for a new primary care physician, come to Smart Choice Medical Clinic. We are currently accepting new patients! Call us today to book an appointment to meet with our physician, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 3347 Old Jacksonville Rd Tyler, TX 75701. Our office is open five days a week: Monday to Thursday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. We are also open second Saturday of the month from 9 AM to 1 PM. We serve patients from Tyler TX, Bullard TX, Troup TX, Jacksonville TX, Dogwood City TX, Whitehouse TX, Flint TX, and Gresham TX. Looking forward to serve you!