Smart Choice Medical Clinic Frequently Asked Questions in Tyler, TX
We strive to deliver outstanding service to every patient, every time you visit us. We’re passionate about what we do and we’ll take great care of you. Please read through our frequently asked questions below or give us a call so we can answer any other questions that you might have.
How is Smart Choice Medical Clinic different from other Clinics
- At Smart Choice Medical clinic everyone is welcome, we treat everyone with dignity, respect. our care is patient-centered with a strong emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention
- Smart Choice does not accept insurance as a form of payment. All services are on cash payment basis and paid at time of service. This care model, finally addresses a huge segment of the population who are working individuals but have been left behind by today’s skyrocketing medical costs and insurance premiums. So if you are a contractor, self-employed individual, small business owner, freelancer, teacher, college student’s etc who need to see a primary care provider for non-urgent, non-emergent problems in a professional environment, come see us at Smart Choice Medical Clinic and experience the care that you deserve, because we focus on you, the individual, and serve as a guide to your journey of better health and quality of life.
Reason for not taking insurance
- It is much better and preferred way to take care of patients without Insurance hassle, paperwork, wasted resources and mandates. This in turn, creates a healthy relationship between doctors and patients.
What to bring to your first visit
- You will need to bring your form of payment, a photo ID if you have one, and a list of any medications you are currently taking.
What to expect at the Appointment
- You will be checked in by the receptionist. If the forms were not completed online, you will be provided with the necessary forms to be filled out at the clinic. After all forms have been completed and reviewed for completeness, you will be informed of approximate wait time. When you are next, the medical assistant or nurse will escort you to a private room for your visit. At the end of the visit, you will receive a summary of treatment plan and recommendation along with a prescription, referrals and f/u appointments if appropriate
How will I have receive my Prescription
- Your prescription can be sent electronically to the pharmacy of your choice
- handwritten script is available
- Schedule III drugs are only sent electronically
How is the Clinic Staffed
- Smart Choice Medical clinic is staffed by certified nurse practitioners, medical assistants and/or nurses. The nurse practitioners maintain a collaborative practice agreement with an independent physician, facilitating consultation as needed.
What is a Nurse Practitioner
- Is a healthcare professional who is fully licensed, credentialed and clinically experienced to provide primary health care. They are trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of basic medical conditions, perform and interpret certain diagnostic tests, manage a wide array of medical conditions, administer vaccinations, make appropriate referrals for specialty or more advanced care, and prescribe medication when appropriate. Where required by law, nurse practitioners maintain a collaborative practice agreement with an independent physician, facilitating consultation as needed.
What types of payments are accepted
- Cash, cashier’s check, debit card, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover
Will I receive a bill
- You will never receive a bill
- All payments are made at time of service
- If you are a member, your monthly membership fee covers your clinic visit
What can be done for afterhours need
- If it is an emergency, please call 911 or report to the nearest ER
- If you are a member, the provider will easily be accessible, by phone, text, email after office hours until 9 p.m. during weekdays Monday – Friday, until 10 pm during weekends Saturday and Sunday
*For any medical procedure, patients respond to treatment differently, hence each patient’s results may vary.
**In case of a life threatening emergency, immediately call 911.
***Information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content contained on or available through this site is for general information purposes only.
****By using this website and sending us your information, you are giving us permission to contact you by electronic and non-electronic means. We also track the conversions and collect user data to improve marketing.
*****If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact us.